Traffic Light SandwichPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 slice ham, deli sliced
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1/2 cup green peas, frozen
- 4 medium orange
- Begin by cutting crust from bread; then cut each slice into two. Using a small circular food cutter, cut 3 holes into 8 of the 1/2 slices of bread to resemble the 3 lights of a traffic light.
- Assemble the sandwich halves by placing some lettuce, ham and cheese onto the 8 bread halves without the holes. Top these halves with the slices of bread that contain the holes. Chop tomatoes (removing seeds if desired) and dice bell pepper. Fill each hole with some tomatoes for the red light, peppers for the yellow light, and finally, thawed green peas for the green light.
- Serve with sliced oranges.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 625mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g