- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 4 medium tortillas, corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 cup vegetable broth
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 30 ounce black beans, canned
- 2 cup corn, canned
- 1 medium lime
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 cup pineapple
- Chop onion and garlic. Cut tortillas into bite-sized pieces and set aside separately.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium for 1 minute. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cut tortillas, tomato paste, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes more, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add broth and diced tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low; simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans and corn; add to the pot. Stir in the juice from the lime and 1 teaspoon of lime zest. Mix well and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Top with sliced avocado, and serve pineapple on the side. (Serving size: 1 cup soup)
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1407mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 12g