- 1/2 cup basil, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium shallot
- 3 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 18 ounce tortellini pasta
- 1 cup pine nuts, dried
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium apple
- Chop 1/2 cup fresh basil and 1 clove garlic. Cut tough ends off 1 pound of asparagus and thinly slice on the bias. Halve 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Whisk the olive oil, basil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, shallot, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl large enough to hold the pasta salad.
- Cook the asparagus in 4 quarts boiling water seasoned with 1 tablespoon salt until tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a colander using a slotted spoon (do not discard the boiling water) and run under cold water until cool. Shake out any excess water and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Return the water to a boil, add 2 (9 ounce) packages of tortellini, and cook until tender, following the package instructions. Drain the tortellini thoroughly, then toss while hot with the asparagus and dressing. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat until golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Just before serving, stir the toasted pine nuts, tomatoes, and Parmesan into the salad and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with apple slices and any remaining tomatoes.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 876mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g