- 8 ounce egg noodles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 tablespoon dill weed, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, dried
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium orange
- Begin by cooking pasta as directed on package, for al dente. Allow to cool before continuing with the recipe.
- While pasta cooks, halve tomatoes, quarter and slice cucumbers, and chop shallots. Add these ingredients to a large bowl with chopped fresh parsley, dill and thyme.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and add to the bowl along with the pine nuts and cooled pasta.
- In a small bowl or shaker bottler, mix vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper; pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve with sliced oranges.
Calories: 573kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 464mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 9g