- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 15 ounce Tofu, firm
- 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 tablespoon sweet red chili sauce
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 2 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cut each block of tofu in half. Place each half in 2 clean paper towels one at a time and gently press and squeeze to remove excess liquid (without breaking up the tofu).
- Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes and pan fry on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons oil. Gently stir and cook until all the water has evaporated and the tofu is lightly golden brown on most sides (be sure not to burn the tofu). If you find that the tofu is sticking to the pan, add a little more oil.
- While the tofu is cookinge, thinly slice the bell peppers.
- Remove tofu from pan. Wipe pan with a wet paper towel and then heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add sliced bell peppers and saute until slightly tender.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by whisking all the sauce ingredients in a bowl or measuring cup.
- Once the bell peppers are done, add the pan-fried tofu back into the pan. Keep the heat on low-medium.
- Add in the prepared sauce and toss with the peppers and tofu. Add the chili sauce, if desired.
- Stir slowly on low heat until the sauce starts to thicken and coat the peppers and tofu.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Toss once more and serve hot over brown rice with pineapple on the side.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 257mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g