- 2 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 medium tomato, red
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon garam masala spice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 16 ounce Tofu, firm
- 3 cup green peas, frozen
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- 3 cup pineapple
- Begin cooking rice as directed on package. Set aside covered, when done.
- Chop tomatoes, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Mince garlic and grate ginger. Add to skillet and saute for 1 minute. Add cumin, coriander, garam masala, sugar, turmeric and salt. Stir together.
- Add tomatoes, yogurt and broth. Stir and turn heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often so as to avoid sticking. Using a potato masher, crush tomatoes. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Cut tofu into cubes and add to skillet along with peas. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on rice garnished with cilantro and with pineapple on the side.
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 366mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g