Tilapia with Black Rice and Sweet PotatoesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 1 fish fillet, 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup rice
- 1 cup black rice, raw
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup, cubes Yam, raw
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce Fish, Tilapia
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium kiwi
- Cook black rice according to package directions. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, and saute chopped sweet potatoes/yams until tender. Spinkle with salt.
- Add black rice to the skillet and heat with cooked sweet potatoes.
- Pushing the rice aside, or taking it out, place the tilapia in the heated skillet with the other tablespoon of oil. When one side is cooked, flip over.
- Sprinkle with extra salt and squeeze lemon over the top.
- Once tilapia is heated through and flakes easily with a fork, remove and serve with rice and sweet potatoes.
- For dessert, serve with kiwi!
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 673mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g