- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium lime
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the oats and milk in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high about 3 minutes until the oats are creamy and tender; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, wheat bran, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the honey, oil, 1 tablespoon lime zest, and egg, to the oat mixture, then add to the dry ingredients. Beat just until moistened; batter will be lumpy.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake 16 to 18 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 68mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g