- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 large egg
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Soften butter to room temperature. Line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed; add the butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add mashed potatoes, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cocoa.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring by hand; do not over-mix. Fold in pecans (or walnuts) if desired.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 180mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g