- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoon curry paste
- 5 cup kale
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 3 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 medium pear
- Cook quinoa as directed on package; set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1-in. pieces. Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Chop onion and bell pepper; mince garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook, turning to brown on all sides, until cooked through; about 5 minutes. Place chicken in a bowl (do not wipe out pan).
- Add sweet potatoes, onion, and bell pepper to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook for another minute. Stir in curry paste and kale; cook until kale wilts, about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Return chicken to pan and heat through.
- Divide quinoa among 4 shallow bowls. Top evenly with chicken mixture and cilantro leaves. Serve with pear slices on the side.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 284mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 17g