- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon yeast, active dry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounce pinto beans, canned
- 8 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium avocado
- 8 3/4 ounce corn, canned
- 2 cup strawberries
- Pour warm water (80-90° F) into a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle yeast over water and let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy. Add sugar, flours, salt and oil to bowl and stir with a mixer or by hand until a dough is formed. Knead using a dough hook or by hand for 5-8 minutes or until it forms a sticky ball. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out onto pizza pan. If dough shrinks back, let rest for 5-10 minutes then roll again. Repeat until it stretches the entire size of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add to a food processor and pulse to puree. Spread onto semi-cooked pizza crust. Shred cheese and sprinkle evenly over beans. Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, chop tomato, dice avocado and drain corn.
- Cut pizza into 8 slices. Top with tomatoes, avocado and corn as desired. Serve with sliced strawberries on the side. (Serving size: 2 slices pizza, 1/2 cup strawberries)
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 672mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g