- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 16 ounce frozen vegetables, mixed
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix all ingredients but cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
- Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
- Add water to thin if needed.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Saute chicken in a different pan with a small amount of oil.
- Add vegetables (stir fry mixed vegetables are best) and sauce and cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 702mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g