Teriyaki Chicken over RicePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 1/2 cup of chicken, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 8 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup vinegar, rice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cup pineapple
- Add chicken to a slow cooker. Chop onion and mince garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, onion, garlic, pepper, and ginger. Pour mixture over chicken and cook on low for 4-5 hours until no longer pink in the middle (avoid over-cooking so it does not dry out).
- Approximately 20 minutes before chicken is done cooking, make rice as directed on package. Once chicken is done, remove it from the crockpot and cut into smaller pieces.
- Pour sauce from the slow cooker into a small sauce pan. Whisk water and cornstarch together in a small bowl and then add to sauce; heat over medium and whisk continuously until thickened.
- Toss chicken back into slow cooker and add sauce; stir to coat evenly. Cover until ready to serve.
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces and then add to a microwave-safe dish along with 1/3 cup of water; cover and cook on high power for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Serve chicken over rice, sprinkled with sesame seeds; serve broccoli and pineapple on the side.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 1332mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 30g