Tasty QuinoaPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 1 1/4 cup quinoa, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 5 ounce chicken, canned
- 2 cup pineapple
- 2 medium cucumber
- Place quinoa and broth into saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until liquid has absorbed. Let stand for 5 minutes, fluff with a fork and transfer to a separate bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon, chopped basil, chopped parsley, chopped thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over quinoa. Break apart the chicken, and add to quinoa, tossing to coat.
- Serve with diced pineapple and cucumber slices.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 940mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g