- 3 cup oats, dry
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoon maple syrup, pure
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, dark
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 2 medium banana
- Place oats in a blender and mix until it becomes flour-like. Measure out 2 cups and add to a mixing bowl. (Reserve the remaining if you have any, and use in any future recipe that calls for flour). Add baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and blend well; if mixture is too thick, add more milk 1-2 tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is reached. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Pour batter into skillet by 1/4 cup fulls; cook until bubbly, then flip. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer until golden brown. Repeat until all batter has been used, adding additional oil as needed.
- Top with sliced bananas and any other topping of choice (but really, not much more is needed for these yummy breakfast treats!).
Calories: 716kcal | Carbohydrates: 107g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 378mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 20g