Taco SaladPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 1 1/4 cup cooked meat mixture, 1 cup lettuce, 1 cup fruit
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 4 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cup watermelon
- Combine salsa and sour cream in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Chop onion, mince garlic, and add to skillet; cook 2 minutes until softened.
- Add turkey and cook 5 minutes more or until cooked through, stirring often to crumble.
- Dice tomatoes and add to turkey; stir in rinsed and drained beans, cumin, and chili powder.
- Continue to cook and stir 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes begin to break down. Remove from the heat, then stir in cilantro and 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture.
- To serve, divide the lettuce among 4 plates, top with the turkey mixture and remaining salsa, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with watermelon on the side.
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 852mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 15g