- 4 medium apple
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 slice (1 oz) provolone cheese
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- Preheat sandwich press. Thinly slice apples.
- Layer bread with cheese, spinach, and apple slices, forming 4 sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches one at a time inside press and heat until cheese has melted and outside is golden brown.
- Slice bell pepper and serve with remaining apple slices alongside grilled cheeses.
- Use a large cookie cutter to cut the sandwiches into hearts; a smaller heart may be used for the apple slices if desired.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 551mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 23g