- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 15 ounce navy beans, canned
- 2 clove garlic
- 6 leaves basil, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, dried
- 2 medium mango
- Cook rice according to package directions. Preheat broiler.
- Slice zucchini into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Place onto foil lined baking sheet. Broil for 2-3 minutes and remove.
- Dice pepper and add to a medium saucepan along with tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse beans; add to saucepan. Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mince garlic and slice 4 basil leaves; toss in saucepan. Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Grate the cheese and stir half of it into the zucchini mixture.
- Serve over rice topped with a small amount of cheese, pine nuts and sliced basil. Serve mango on the side.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 777mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 21g