- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 cup vinegar, cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 cup water
- 12 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, chop bell peppers and onion, mince garlic; set aside separately.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons corn starch and cold water until corn starch is dissolved; set aside. In a small saucepan, whisk together onion powder, ketchup, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and honey; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add corn starch mixture to saucepan and stir continually until thickened.
- Place shrimp and remaining 3 tablespoons corn starch into a ziplock bag; seal and shake to coat. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on high. Add peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp is pink, turning shrimp over once. Add sauce to skillet and stir to coat evenly.
- Serve shrimp and pineapple on a bed of rice. May also serve pineapple on the side if desired.
Calories: 497kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 534mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 32g