- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 5 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 12 ounce salmon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 stalk green onion
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cook rice as directed on package. Chop bell pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Reserve 2/3 cup marinade and place the rest into a ziplock bag with the salmon; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on a foil-lined baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, add reserved marinade to a small saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté pepper for 2 minutes. Stir peppers into rice.
- Steam broccoli, chop green onions, and core and slice apples.
- Place salmon on a bed of rice, topped with sauce and garnished with onions. Serve with broccoli and apple slices on the side.
Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1028mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 35g