- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white rice, short grain
- 3 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pound chicken breast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Place sweet potato in a small pan in the oven at 350 for one hour to cook it. Remove from oven and scoop out the flesh and set aside.
- Spray 3-quart nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Heat water to boiling in saucepan over medium-high heat. Chop onion and garlic. Cook onion and garlic in water 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in rice. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in sweet potato and 1/2 cup of the broth. Reduce heat slightly, but allow it to continue to boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is completely absorbed. Stir in an additional 1/2 cup broth. Continue cooking about 20 minutes, stirring constantly and adding broth 1/2 cup at a time after previous additions have been absorbed, until rice is creamy and just tender; remove from heat. Add parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Brush chicken breasts with barbecue sauce and bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken). Serve with peppers and peaches if you have any left from the week.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 509mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g