- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 medium sweet potato
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 large egg white
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Grate carrot and set aside.
- Poke sweet potatoes with a fork a few times each and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Cut open cooked potatoes, scoop out the flesh into a large bowl, mash, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- Add brown sugar, egg whites, orange juice, carrot, and vanilla to mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to sweet potato mixture and stir just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 190mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g