- 1 cup lentils, raw
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 10 ounce tomatoes with green chilies, canned
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 ounce tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 cup raspberries
- Cook lentils as directed on package.
- Dice onion, bell pepper, and potatoes; mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 3-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sweet potatoes and garlic and continue to cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth, tomatoes, cooked lentils, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until the desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with toppings as desired, and serve raspberries on the side.
Calories: 622kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1210mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 10g