- 2 medium sweet potato
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 4 cup green beans
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap potatoes in foil, pierce with a fork. Bake potatoes for about an hour, until a knife easily pushes through. Cut lengthwise and open up to cool for 10-15 minutes. Scrape inside of potatoes out of the skins and place in a bowl. Discard skins.
- Add salt, cinnamon, and egg. Stir together until incorporated.
- Begin folding in flour the until well combined. Continue adding flour until dough ball has most of its stickiness.
- Taste the dough to make sure it has enough salt/cinnamon. Add more if desired.
- Turn the dough ball out onto a floured surface. Knead it into a tighter ball.
- Cut it into four smaller pieces and set to the side.
- Begin rolling each quarter into a long tube. Sprinkle with flour if needed to keep from sticking. Try to roll it out in a tube that is about as thick as your finger; if it keeps breaking just roll as thin as you can and pinch back together.
- Cut the tube into little nubs and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and boil for about 5 minutes, until they float to the top of the water. Don’t overcrowd the pot – work in batches if you need to.
- Remove the gnocchi from the water with a strainer and drop into an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Let sit for 2 minutes and then remove to a separate container.
- Next, heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the olive oil, butter, rosemary, and gnocchi and saute for a few minutes, until they become golden.
- Serve with steamed green beans and sliced apples.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 504mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 16g