- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 cup Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 ounce salmon
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 cup strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a covered skillet over medium-low heat. Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Stir in onion and cook until translucent; about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice and chicken broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork
- Place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and drizzle with remaining tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place on rack above where salmon will be and roast for 20 minutes.
- Place salmon in a large baking dish (spray dish with cooking spray or line with foil since the honey will get extra sticky while baking). Whisk together honey, juice from lemon, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Pour over salmon and bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with sliced strawberries on the side.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 396mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g