- 2 medium sweet potato
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 large bell pepper, red
- 4 cup cauliflower, florets
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot; fill with enough water to come just below the basket, then bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Transfer to a food processor and add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, cumin, and garlic. (Add food dye if desired to make a nice red color for Valentine’s Day.)
- Purée about 1 minute until smooth; thin with water if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and let cool.
- Slice bell pepper and cut the cauliflower into florets. Serve with hummus.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 485mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g