- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 ounce salmon
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup wild rice, raw
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 cup peaches, canned in own juice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice cooks, mix honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, juice from the lemon, crushed garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade into a ziplock bag and add the salmon. Move salmon around to fully coat and allow to marinate for at least 25 minutes. (Place the salmon with skin-side up so the marinade is easily absorbed).
- Ten minutes before the rice has finished, preheat a large, non-stick skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add oil to hot skillet and allow to melt and coat the skillet (add more if necessary, depending on size of skillet).
- Add salmon to hot oil, skin-side up. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, then remove the lid, cook for an additional minute, and flip. Cover again and cook for 3 minutes more or until cooked through.
- Once the salmon has started cooking, add broccoli and approximately 1 inch of water to a large pot.
- Bring the water to a low boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking; drain water, cover, and set aside until ready to serve. (Or use a steamer basket if preferred.) Garnish with butter if desired.
- Serve hot salmon with rice, steamed broccoli, and peaches on the side.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 374mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 24g