Creamy Coconut Butternut Crockpot soup has two orange veggies and a smooth texture kids love! This sweet and savory soup is comforting and simple to make in your slow cooker.
Sweet Coconut-Butternut Crockpot soup
- 3 cup, cubes butternut squash
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes
- Cut the end, or any other part, of of the squash. Scoop the seeds out and peel the skin off.
- Then chop enough squash to get 3 cups worth.
- Peel and chop enough sweet potatoes to get 3 cups worth.
- Place squash, sweet potato, chopped onion, 1 cup of chicken broth and butter in a slow cooker, and cook on high for about 4 hours.
- Using an immersion blender, or scooping your squash into a regular blender, puree until smooth. Return to crockpot and add remaining chicken broth, half and half, cumin, and 2 tablespoons of coconut (which is pretty close to 1/2 ounce if you are weighing). Cook for about 30 more minutes, or until soup is heated through. Sprinkle with extra coconut for garnishing.