- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 can black beans, canned
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium peppers, jalapeño
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 6 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 medium avocado
- 3 medium mango
- Peel and dice sweet potato. Boil until softened (if time permits, you can also bake at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes).
- Drain and rinse beans. Place beans in a bowl and mash about 1/2 and leaving the others whole. Add in the cooked sweet potato and salsa. If you and your family love the heat, slice the pepper in half, remove the seeds and finely dice. Add to the bean mixture. Chop the spinach, cilantro and green onion. Add to the beans along with the lime juice. Mix well. Shred the cheddar cheese.
- Heat sandwich press or skillet; whichever you prefer.
- Place tortilla on skillet and top with about a fourth of the bean mixture. Sprinkle on some cheddar cheese and top with another tortilla. Cook until cheese has melted and the tortilla becomes toasty, flipping halfway through. Serve with sliced avocado and fresh, diced mango.(Serving size: 1 quesadilla, 1/2 cup cubed mango)
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 1288mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 21g