- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon OREGANO, DRIED
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 pound beef roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 6 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup grapes
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Slice or chop the onion; add to hot skillet and cook until tender and caramelizing.
- Add smashed garlic cloves to the onions and sauté 3-5 minutes until they soften and become fragrant. Season with the herbs and spices (paprika through thyme), then remove from the heat.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Place it in a slow cooker (fat side up) and spread the onion mixture over top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, beef broth, and mustard; pour over the roast and onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat can be easily shredded with a fork.
- Meanwhile, dice tomato and slice bell pepper.
- Once cooked through, shred beef and add to tortillas; add topping ingredients as desired.
- Serve with grapes on the side.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1031mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 33g