- 6 slice turkey bacon
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 medium squash, summer
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- 4 1/2 cup corn, canned
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 slice, medium bread, Italian
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook bacon as indicated on package, allowing to crisp. Pour excess fat into a large stock pot or Dutch oven. Crumble bacon and place aside.
- Heat stock pot with fat drippings over medium-high. Slice green onions, celery, and squash; toss into pot. Stir to coat and cook for 8 minutes, continuing to stir occasionally. (Reduce heat if veggies start to burn.)
- Mince garlic and add to pot; stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and add 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 1/2 cups corn, thyme, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add remaining corn and milk, and the cream to a blender; mix well. Add purée to stock pot. Stir and allow to heat through.
- Top soup with crumbled bacon. Serve with a slice of Italian bread and pineapple chunks on the side.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 955mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 27g