- 2 cup strawberries, frozen, sweetened, whole
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 4 package (1 oz) gelatin, dry powder, unsweetened
- Thaw strawberries and place in a small pot along with the juice from the lemon. Add honey and heat over medium. Stir frequently, allowing fruit to soften and honey to dissolve.
- Cool slightly and add mixture to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. Alternatively, a handheld immersion blender can be used while mixture is still hot. (Yet another option – use a potato masher and allow fruit to add texture to the chews.)
- Place mixture into a bowl and gradually add in gelatin, gently stirring as needed to avoid clumps.
- Pour into a mold or baking sheet and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Shapes may be cut if desired.
- Store extras in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Sodium: 29mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g