- 1 1/4 cup strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Set strawberries out to thaw (or run under cool water to thaw quickly).
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, or fill with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and nutmeg.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl, then whisk in the yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Chop strawberries and fold them into batter.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full, and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack until cooled completely.
- Garnish with powdered sugar before serving if desired.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g