Strawberry Chocolate Chip SconesPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 12 1 scone
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Grate or cut cold butter into smaller pieces. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter with the flour mixture until it resembles pea sized pieces.
- Gently fold in diced strawberries and chocolate chips. Pour in the cream and mix until just incorporated.
- Gently shape the scone dough into small round biscuits, and place onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can also press handfuls into a muffin tin if you prefer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Whisk together the powdered sugar, melted butter and milk. while the scones are baking.
- While hot, drizzle the icing on each scone. Let the scones rest and cool a few minutes before enjoying.