- 6 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 slice whole wheat baguette
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 2/3 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 leaves basil, fresh
- 4 cup orange juice
- Preheat broiler to High with rack 6″ from the heating element.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a dish. Sprinkle mixture (you won’t use it all) on lightly buttered bread, then broil on a baking sheet until toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Dice 1 cup strawberries and toss with sugar, basil, and lemon juice.
- Stir 2 tablespoons yogurt, honey, and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
- To assemble bruschetta, spoon 2 tablespoons berries with juice on each piece of toast.
- Garnish with basil before serving and serve with orange juice.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 369mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 34g