- 4 ounce fettuccine pasta, dry
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 pound beef flank steak, lean
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium orange
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, chop mushrooms, peppers, and onion; peel carrots and cut into matchsticks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add veggies to hot skillet. Saute for about 5 minutes then remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in same skillet. Cut steak into thin strips and add to hot oil. Saute 4-5 minutes until meat has become browned and is no longer pink inside.
- Add veggies back into skillet and season with salt and pepper, stir together and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over pasta with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 162mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g