- 8 ounce tortellini pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 1/2 cup spinach
- 6 leaves basil, fresh
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 ounce Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini as directed on package. Drain and rinse; set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, or a dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Mince garlic and add to hot oil; saute for 30 seconds. While whisking, add in flour and onion powder.
- Continue to whisk, cooking for 1 minute, then add milk. Cook until sauce becomes bubbly and thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add drained tomatoes, roughly chopped spinach, fresh chopped basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook until spinach has wilted.
- Stir in grated Parmesan and tortellini. Cook 4-5 minutes to heat through.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 529mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 7g