- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 8 ounce turkey sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook rice as directed on package; cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Mince garlic, sauté for 1 minute; add sausage and brown; cook until no longer pink. Remove from heat and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss back into skillet along with rice. Sprinkle with cayenne, if desired.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt. Remove from heat, stir in feta.
- Serve hot with pineapple. (Serving size: 1 1/4 cup rice with turkey, 1/2 cup pineapple)
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 489mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g