- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 5 cup spinach
- 2 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 17 ounce puff pastry, frozen, ready-to-bake
- 2 medium orange
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Mince garlic and chop onion; add to skillet and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and cook for 5 minutes or until wilted. Remove the spinach mixture from the heat and let cool to room temperature, then drain well in a colander, pressing to squeeze out any excess liquid. Return the spinach mixture to the skillet. Grate the cheese and add to the skillet along with the lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle your work surface with the flour. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface; roll into a 12-inch square, then cut into 8 (3-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheets.
- Brush edges of the squares with the egg mixture, then place about 2 teaspoons spinach mixture in the center of each. Fold the pastry over the filling to form triangles. Press the edges to seal, then crimp the edges with a fork.
- Place the filled pastries onto 2 baking sheets; brushing more of the egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool before serving.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 844kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 444mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g