Spinach and artichokes add some green goodness and a flavor twist to classic grilled cheese. Serve with colorful veggies for a rainbow lunch!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, jarred
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium mango
- 2 cup carrots, baby
- Spread butter onto one side of each slice of bread; set aside.
- Chop spinach and artichokes; toss into a bowl with cheese and pepper.
- Preheat a sandwich press (or heat a large skillet over medium).
- Spread spinach filling onto 4 slices of bread, then top with remaining slices to form 4 sandwiches, butter-side out.
- Cook sandwiches until cheese has melted and bread is crispy on both sides.
- Slice sandwiches in half and serve with cubed mango and baby carrots on the side.