- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 1 1/4 pound turkey, ground
- 1 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 cup cilantro
- 4 medium hamburger buns, whole wheat
- Dice garlic, and red onion. Heat a small amount of olive oil or cooking spray in a large skillet over medium heat. Add red onion and garlic. Saute until onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook until browned.
- Add in next 5 ingredients (through chili powder) Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, dash of salt and pepper, and cilantro (or 1 tablespoon dried cilantro). Cook several minutes until beans are heated through.
- Serve on hamburger buns or bread, and top with your favorite spicy food toppings like guacamole, sliced jalapenos, or red onion. Other suggestions: queso fresco, black olives, sour cream.
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1320mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 10g