- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 clove garlic
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium orange
- Cook rice as directed on package; set aside covered.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat; add oil. Chop onion, bell pepper, and celery; toss into the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, then mince garlic and add to skillet as well; cook for 1 minute longer, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sauce, tomatoes (do not drain), water, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne (optional). Stir to combine and then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, leave uncovered, and cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally as sauce thickens.
- Add peeled and deveined shrimp; cook for 2-4 minutes until shrimp are pink and curled up.
- Serve shrimp and veggies over rice with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 773mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 9g