- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 pound asparagus
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounce salmon
- 1 tablespoon Jerk Seasoning
- 4 medium apple
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cook rice as directed on package; toss in freshly chopped parsley, set aside covered until ready to serve.
- Cut off rough ends of asparagus and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil setting. Lay foil down on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, place salmon on top and rub on jerk seasoning. Once oven is heated, bake salmon for 10 minutes or at least until fish flakes.
- While fish bakes, heat a large skillet over medium heat; drizzle remaining olive oil into skillet, allow to heat. Add asparagus, toss and cook for 5-6 minutes, allowing to begin to soften. (Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook asparagus in batches).
- Serve salmon over bed of rice, asparagus on the side.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 67mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g