- 4 medium chicken drumsticks
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 3 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/8 cup vinegar, rice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, dried
- 2 cup mango cubes, frozen
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken onto a foil lined baking dish. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, mince garlic and grate ginger into a small bowl. Add remaining olive oil, sriracha sauce, vinegar, sugar, fish sauce, and remaining salt and pepper. Whisk together well.
- When chicken has baked for 15 minutes, brush on half of the sriracha mixture. Continue baking for another 10 minutes, then brush on remaining sriracha mixture.
- While chicken is baking, make quinoa as directed on package. Once done cooking, stir in juice of 1/4 of the lime, approximately 1 teaspoon of lime zest, diced tomatoes, and pine nuts; toss well to combine.
- Slice remaining lime.
- Serve chicken with quinoa, a wedge of lime for spritzing, and mango on the side.
Calories: 692kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 1249mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 18g