- 1 tsp canola oil
- 12 oz pork loin
- 1 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 pepper, large (3-3/4″ long, 3″ dia) bell pepper, yellow
- 2 fruit (2-5/8″ dia) orange
- 2 fruit (2″ dia) lime
- 1/2 tbsp sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup RICE, BROWN, MEDIUM-GRAIN, RAW
- 2 medium (3″ dia) apple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cup Brussels sprouts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Trim and half Brussels sprouts, set aside. Chop onion, mince garlic. Seed and slice peppers. Juice oranges and limes, separately. Cook brown rice.
- Cut pork into chunks. Heat a large skillet and add canola oil. Brown pork cubes on all sides until browned, about 5 minutes. Then add onions and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add peppers, orange and lime juices, hot sauce, curry powder and salt. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes, or until pork is tender.
- While pork cooks, heat another skillet with 1/4 cup (starting with only 1/8 cup, add more if needed) olive oil. Add Brussels sprouts and cook undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, allowing to begin to brown. Then place them in an over-safe dish, and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve pork on top of cooked brown rice, with Brussels sprouts, and apples. (optional- chop and cook apples with 1/2 cup water and some cinnamon in a microwave safe dish for about 4-5 minutes.)
Calories: 786kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 326mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 14g