- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 block Tofu, firm
- 2 cup, chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook quinoa as directed on package; set aside.
- Cut tofu into cubes. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium. Add tofu and allow to slightly brown. Add chopped kale and freshly grated ginger; toss gently with the tofu. Cook for 1-2 minutes; remove from skillet.
- Cut broccoli into small florets, peel and slice carrots into match sticks. Add a teaspoon of olive oil to same skillet used for tofu; heat over medium. Add broccoli and carrots and saute for 4-5 minutes (longer if you prefer a softer bite. This is especially a good idea with toddlers). Season with salt, pepper, basil and sriracha (omit this if you would like a milder taste). Toss together to coat veggies. Remove from heat.
- Place quinoa into each of four bowls; add tofu, carrots and broccoli. Gently slice spinach and add to bowls. Top with pineapple chunks or serve on the side.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 287mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 11g