- 4 medium apple
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel, core and chop apples.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and cover, simmering and stirring occasionally, until apples are tender; about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before mashing with a potato masher. Serve.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 592mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g