These spiced fig energy balls taste like fig newtons! Except without all the sugar. My kids love to take these on camp outs or hikes, because they travel well, and are packed with nutrients.
- Vitamin B
and best of all, Figs are available all year long!
For these balls, we made sure to have a good food processor to blend it up well. Once everything is blended, we rolled in wheat germ. But you can also roll in coconut, flax meal, cocoa powder, or anything else.
Spiced Fig Energy Balls
- 15 medium Figs, dried, uncooked
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup oats, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/8 cup wheat germ
- Place all ingredients (except wheat germ) in a blender or food processor.
- Blend well, scraping down the sides of the mixer at least once during blending.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in wheat germ.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the refrigerator for later.