- 2 1/2 pound butternut squash
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/8 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium orange
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Peel and cut squash into 1 inch cubes. Put onto a baking sheet and toss with cinnamon and nutmeg, cover with foil, and bake for 40 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350° F. Allow squash to cool.
- Spread coconut onto baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes, tossing every 2 minutes do it does not burn; cool.
- Mince shallots. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium. Add toasted coconut and shallots; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add squash, broth, and coconut milk; simmer for 5 minutes. Blend until smooth using an immersion blender. Add more broth as needed to keep mixture from becoming too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; garnish with a small amount of coconut milk if desired. Serve dinner rolls and orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Sodium: 1037mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 14g