- 4 cup Spaghetti Squash
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup tomato juice, canned, without salt added
- 1 cup Corn with red and green peppers, canned, solids and liquids
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 ounce Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Halve the spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Place, cut side down, on a baking sheet. (You will use all of a 2 1/2-3 pound squash.)
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or till tender. Use a fork to shred and separate the spaghetti squash into strands.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a large skillet cook ground turkey, chopped onion, and minced garlic til meat is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato juice, corn, chili powder, and oregano. Cook and stir till slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture over spaghetti squash and top with shredded cheese.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 721mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g